Nathan has been coughing since the weekend (mainly at night/nap time), and has had a runny nose again... is it a cold or is he allergic to something!?!?!? No fever... as of yet. Oh how I wish this were simple!
By the way... next time Nathan needs a surgical procedure I will be demanding that it be done ASAP... We're one week down with two more to go in the wait until the 17th and it's driving me crazy. It's way too much time to think about it and second guess it and wonder if we've exhausted all other resources before surgically placing a feeding tube in to his precious tummy. Deep down I know it's the right thing to do, but it doesn't make it any easier. These three weeks are giving me nothing but time to think about it way too much! Please pray that these next two weeks will pass quickly!
In an effort to focus my crazy thoughts in a more positive direction I have contacted Ellyn Kodroff with CURED about fundraising/events to raise money for research. 100% of the money that is raised goes towards finding a CURE for this terrible disease! I will be calling her tomorrow to get all the details. I am nervous about it, as planning and hosting a fundraiser event seems bigger than what I can handle right now in my busy life, but I know that with the right support from friends and family I can make it happen!
Another EoE mom I met through facebook across the country in California, has held several events since her son was diagnosed and she has been kind enough to offer advice and tips on getting things rolling. She was honest and said that she was just as nervous about it as I admittedly am, but she has worked through that and has done amazing things for awareness!
So here's to biting of way more than I can chew and trusting in God to make it happen!