Wednesday, April 6, 2011

One Hour and Twenty Minutes...

That's how long Nathan's tummy could handle the broccoli. :o( I guess we can add that one to his list of foods he can't tolerate. At least we didn't waste a whole week trying it on him. I am, however, very puzzled at how quickly he reacted to it. This is just the beginning of us learning how frustrating EE can be. We are praying for patience to overwhelm us as we tread on through these food trials. I can already see it's going to be a long and not so easy journey. I am going to call Dr. Irani tomorrow. We don't know if we should try another food tomorrow, or if we need to give him a few days for is esophagus/tummy to settle.




By the way, I forgot to include this in my post earlier about the visit with Dr. Irani. In order for a diagnosis of EE to be made the biopsy results must show 15 to 20 eosinophils on a single high powered microscopic field. Dr. Irani told us today that Nathan had 70+ eosinophils in each of the three areas of his esophagus that were biopsied. And that was after being on EleCare for almost a whole week, which she is certain that helped reduce his numbers prior to the biopsy! That really put it in to perspective for me, Nathan doesn't just "kind of" have EE, he most definitely has EE. I know that there is no thing as "kind of" having EE, but as a mother, I was just having wishful thinking that things were on the minor end of the spectrum.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. Poor kiddo. I would suggest papaya, it's full of L-Glutamine which helps heal digestive tissue damage, loaded with digestive enzymes making it easy to digest and tastes great. All of those things could help make this food a trial success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, we will have to give that a try! I am so thankful for you and all of the other EE mommy's that I have been able to get such great advice from! Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete