Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A New Way To Eat An Old Thing...

Thanks to Gigi, (my mom and Nathan's grandma) Nathan has a new favorite way to eat his apples! Today we went and visited GP & Gigi for the afternoon. Gigi had a bunch of apples in the fridge that she didn't think they would be able to eat before they went bad, so she sent some home with us! She told me to peel them, cut them in chunks, microwave until soft and mash them up for Nathan... instant homemade applesauce! Thrilled of a quick and easy NATURAL way to make something for Nathan, I went home and prepared some. I thought they needed a bit of something extra and was brave and added a dash of cinnamon to them! Nathan was beyond thrilled and ate the equivalent of one whole apple in just minutes! He even cried for more when they were gone! I'll bet I've just fixed him from eating regular applesauce ever again! But that's fine by me, because it's tough as a mother not being able to feed your child a huge variety of food, so if I have found a way to make something for him that he actually gets excited over, I'll do it anytime! As I've learned from reading other EE mom's blogs, learning how to cook/prepare a variety of meals with limited ingredients will become easier as time goes by. But it's a scary thought, because it's not a way I've ever thought to cook. This is just a itsy bitsy simple thing today, but I'm proud of myself for making something new for Nathan that he likes! I will be a pro at cooking with limited ingredients one day! Another small victory that makes me realize... I CAN do this!

Nathan was zonked after a fun afternoon with GP & Gigi:

Homemade cinnamon apples:

1 comment:

  1. Victory! Next, slice the apples thinly and place them on a baking sheet in the oven at 250 for about 15 minutes. You can sprinkle them with cinnamon too. This will make gorgeous apple chips!

    ReplyDelete