Monday, May 30, 2011

Super Mini Success...

Yesterday, we went to our friends house for a "the day before" Memorial Day cookout! It was wonderful! Mark and I thought it would be a good time to try out Nathan's super mini backpack with his feeding pump on an outing. Nathan was amazing as always and wasn't phased a bit by wearing his super mini all loaded up with his pump and formula! He ran around exploring, picking up every stick he passed and would run them over to us and hand them to us. (I am so in love with my sweet, sweet boy!)My only complaint is that it was very hot outside and the pack just added to his sweatiness. He wore it for about two and a half hours before we decided to give him a break from it so he could cool off. Overall, I would say it was a success!

We ran some errands today with it too and he did great! Of course, when we are just in the car and then putting him in the stroller we don't put it on is back. In the car we just sit the pack next to his car seat and when we get out and put him in the stroller I just hang it on the stroller handle. It works wonderfully and it is so nice being able to leave the house and not get behind on his feedings for the day! I hate that he has to have this, but I am thankful we are learning to use it to it's fullest to make our day less stressful. I would always feel terrible running errands and him going hours without his formula. I mean, I would take it in a cup for him, but of course he wouldn't drink it, so when we would get home I'd be rushing to do a tube feeding... now we don't have to worry about that anymore! :o) Another small victory in learning how to make life a little simpler with EE!

Nathan's first venture out with his super mini:



Here he is cooling off:


2 comments: